Sunday, July 4, 2010
Tactile aspects of non-verbal behavior
More in the non-verbal behavior files. What we touch, how it feels, how much it weighs - these all effect us emotionally. Discover Blogs notes that, "In a study of 54 volunteers, those who clutched the heavier board rated a job candidate more highly based on their resume, and thought that they displayed a more serious interest in the job."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Patrick, I'm wondering if you might get notified of this. comment, so many years later. I'd written this post https://rochereau.uk/2009/09/12/heaven-haven/ and you'd added this comment, which I liked a lot:
“the public face of constant patience, pleasantness and beatitude,” – this might describe many nuns well, but not the ones I knew growing up. They were feisty and stubborn for the most part. I think they must have reserved their pleasant, beatitudinous side for their nightly prayers. Thank the heavens my dad pulled us from Catholic school before I suffered too much permanent damage!
you also commented on https://rochereau.uk/2009/09/27/ones-own-backyard/
In any event, I send you beatitudinous wishes
Ian
Post a Comment